Efficient AC - Air Conditioning | Lower Utility Bills
Arizona, Phoenix, Tempe, Glendale, Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert AZ
IF YOUR AC UNIT NEEDS REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT...
CALL 602-253-9376 FOR FAST SERVICE IN ARIZONA!!
Heating and cooling comprise
40% of the average homeownerâ€™s energy expenditure. To reduce your electrical bills and increase efficiency
, proper maintenance
of your air conditioner
is imperative. Prevention is always smart. You don't want to have to replace an air conditioning unit due to neglect.
What are some typical causes of efficiency problems with home air conditioning units?
Because your homeâ€™s AC unit is so extensive, there can be numerous causes of inefficiency, such as:
What are some ways I can improve efficiency on a day-to-day basis?
- Plugged drains.
- Parts that are not lubricated, which increase friction and energy use in the system.
- Loose electrical connections and faulty currents.
Airflow problems, such as dirty air filters.
- Dirty condenser and evaporator coils, which cause the system to run longer.
Here are some ways to lessen the work your AC unit has to do:
- Upgrade your insulation: You can keep your homeâ€™s precious cool air indoors by simply improving insulation measures around the house. Some of the more leaky and poorly insulated homes are in southern climates such as ours in Arizona, because the winters are milder.
- Pull the shades: Keep your rooms cool by closing shades and blinds on your windows during sun-filled hours of the day.
- Spin your fans in the right direction: If you have ceiling fans in your home, make sure they are spinning in the right direction for cooling efficiency by setting their reversible motors for counterclockwise motion that pulls cold air up.
- Landscape for shade: Strategically planted shade trees not only add an aesthetic appeal to your landscaping, but also keep your home cool during the summer months. Trees that lend shade to your hose can trim your air conditioning expenses by as much as 25 percent.
- Work at night: Keep your home cooling efforts efficient by limiting use of heat-generating appliances like clothes dryers and dishwashers to evening hours.
Improving your homeâ€™s air conditioning and cooling system efficiency can be achieved through a combination of common sense maintenance tips as well as by reducing the heat that gets into your home. Follow these steps and youâ€™ll improve your air conditioning efficiency, reduce cooling costs and improve your comfort all year long.
Questions about efficiency or have a problem in need of fixing?
Give us a call to schedule service today!